Bingo is one of the most popular games played by adults. It is a game of chance, in which players will mark off the numbers on their cards as the numbers are drawn randomly and called by the game host or announcer. The first person to mark off five numbers horizontally, vertically or diagonally wins the game. There may be some that required other patterns and whosoever achieved that pattern won. The main event for Bingo is called Black Out, which means that the winner should have all the spots of his/her card marked.
The post BINGO Instructions offers information on other ideal Bingo patterns that you can use. You can watch this video to learn the basic rule in playing Bingo.
Bingo as an Educational Tool for Kids
Originally, adults are the only ones playing Bingo and the items on the cards are numbers only. However, it was proven to be an effective teaching and learning tool for schoolchildren. Way back in the 1800s, Bingo used to help German schoolchildren learn their multiplication table. It was used to other subjects too. Kids learn and memorize the lessons easily if they are having fun.
You can incorporate Bingo with any subject. Here are some ways on how you can play educational Bingo with your kids.
Language and Reading
- Writing: Include traceable letters on each box. Call out the letter and your kids will trace the answer. This will help them memorize the correct way of writing the letters plus recognize the alphabet in a fun way.
- Phonemics: Bingo can be used to teach your kids to learn the sounds that correspond to the letters of the alphabet. Make a Bingo chart and write a letter in each of the boxes. Your kids will mark the letter of the sound you make. You can ask them to identify the beginning sound of the word.
- Language: You can have a Definition or Sight Word Bingo. For the definition bingo, write the words on each box. Kids will mark the correct answer to the definition you’ve read. Sight word is ideal to teach kids how to read and spell. Each square contains one word or phrase. You will call out a word and kids will mark it. You can replace it with pictures or symbols depending on your objective.
- Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, and Division: You can easily teach your kids addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division via Bingo. Prepare the problem and write the correct answers on the Bingo boxes. Example: 7 x 4 = 28, write 28 on one of the boxes and call the problem 7 x 4. Your kids will cover the correct answer to the problem you called.
- Clock Reading: Fill out each box with different photos of clocks showing different time. Call out the time and your kids will mark the correct picture.
Here are some amazing educational Bingo cards that you can play with your kids.
No products found.
- Picture Words Bingo Game: Build language skills by matching words to photos of 50 common objects. Set includes: 36 playing cards, over 200 chips, caller’s mat and cards, and a sturdy storage box.
- Trend Enterprises Sight Words Bingo: Ideal for teaching kids five years old and up. Set includes 36 playing cards, 264 playing chips, caller’s mat and cards and a sturdy storage box.
- Alphabet Bingo Game: Great for alphabet learning: These bingo cards are designed with alphabet and animal patterns. They are great for children to identify alphabet and animals with fun.
- Addition and Subtraction Bingo Board Games Carson-Dellosa: Perfect to teach your kids addition and subtraction. Package includes 36 double-sided game cards, 720 tokens, 100 calling cards, and answer mat.
Check out these relevant resources and find out more ideas on how you can incorporate Bingo to your kids’ learning.
- Bingo Across the Curriculum: The post provides a rundown of different ways teachers can incorporate Bingo in their lessons.
- Fun Classroom Activity: Bingo: The post offers information on how to use Bingo as a fun classroom activity.
- Bingo For Kids Educational and Fun: The post discusses the advantages of using Bingo in teaching your kids.
The video “How to Use Bingo In Your Classroom” shows different ways on how teachers can effectively use Bingo in their lessons.
Bingo as Kids Party Activities
Bingo has become one of the most exciting and enjoyable games at kids’ parties and even family gatherings. Kids love to call out Bingo and win some treats. Kids’Bingo cards used photos not the usual number items. It can be patterned according to the party’s theme or your kids’ favorite characters. There are various Bingo cards available that you can choose from.
Try these printable Bingo cards from Partituki. The set includes 30 different Bingo cards, calling cards, and letters. All pages are high resolution (300 dpi) for quality prints. You can print as many copies as you want for a price of one.
Bingo Cards Suggestion
No products found.
Here are other ideal Bingo cards for your kids’ party.
- Miss Fantasy Unicorn Bingo Games Magical Party Games: These bingo cards are great for unicorn themed parties. The set includes 24 player cards, which is great for huge parties.
- Fancy Land Birthday Bingo Game: Birthday Bingo Game is an easy game for kids to play. The game cards are full of favorite birthday characters, symbols and elements. The set includes 24 Happy Birthday Bingo Game Cards, 441 Birthday Crown Bingo Card Chips, 24 call out cards, and game instructions.
- Mermaid Bingo Party Game for Kids: Easy to play mermaid party game for kids, made to match your purple and teal mermaid birthday theme for a girl. The set includes 24 mermaid bingo game cards with chips, calling chips, and easy game instructions.
We’ve listed Holiday Bingo cards that you can choose from.
No products found.
- St.Patrick’s Day Bingo Game for Kids: The game cards are full of favorite St.Patrick’s Day characters, symbols and elements. The package includes 24 St.Patrick’s Day Bingo game cards, 441 lucky leave Bingo card chips, 24 call out cards, and game instructions.
- Joyin 28 Players Easter Bingo Cards for Easter Party Goodies Games: Perfect for you to play with your kids on Easter’s events. Set includes 28 Easter theme frame cards, 1 call-out card, and 8 sheets of marker.
- Thanksgiving Day Bingo Game Party Supplies: Thanksgiving Day Bingo Game is perfect for children to play and simple, full of all kinds of Thanksgiving Day elements and characters, very suitable for party games. The set includes 24 unique bingo player cards with 420 fallen leaf player chips,1 letter card with letter B, I, N, G, O and Thanksgiving game instructions.
Some Fun Facts About Bingo
- Bingo originates from Italy in 1530 and is nearly 500 years old. It is known as ‘Lo Guioco del Lotto D’Italia.
- Toy salesman Edwin Lowe popularized the game in the 1920s. He saw people playing Beano using dried beans were used as markers. He took the game to New York and spread throughout the US by the 1940s.
- Beano became Bingo after a woman who won the jackpot yelled the word.
- The game enhances the player’s cognitive abilities and can alleviate stress.
Learn more fun facts about Bingo from these relevant resources.
- Amazing facts about your favorite bingo game: The posts lists 31 amazing facts about bingo including information on bingo cards, the game, and online bingo game.
- 10 Interesting Facts About Your Favorite Bingo Game: The post provides 10 interesting facts about Bingo including the origin of its name and the largest Bingo win.
Get those Bingo cards and let the learning and fun begin! Happy Bingo!
Last update on 2021-07-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API