Finding the best gift for your three-year old is quite challenging. Three year olds can sit and play for a longer period of time. It is a must to give them toys that will help them further develop their skills. It is the best stage to introduce to them new activities and develop new strengths. With the right educational toy, your kids will surely have fun while learning. At this stage, your three year olds have a longer attention span so it is ideal to give them make-believe toys and educational toys. You can also give them some strength-developing toys.
1. Jigsaw Puzzles
Jigsaw puzzles are an important educational learning tool for your three years old. These develop different skills and mental learning benefits. Puzzles increase your kids’ visual spatial awareness and develop their cognitive skills. These are a fun way for your toddlers to refine and improve their fine motor skills since they are required to pinch, pick up, and grasp pieces. Jigsaw also promotes hand-eye coordination.
Here are some of the best jigsaw puzzles you can give to your kids.
- Tepsmigo Wooden Jigsaw Puzzles 4 Packs: These wooden puzzles are made of high-quality environmental wood, won’t hurt the kids’ delicate skin. Encourage creativity as well as developing hand-to-eye coordination and fine motor skills.
- Casaon Wooden Jigsaw Puzzles Set: Contains 10 puzzles, 24 pieces each. These puzzles have smooth round corners for kids and are well-made. These kids’ jigsaw puzzles are made of natural wood.
- Dreampark Puzzles for Kids Ages 3-8: The wooden jigsaw puzzles are made of Eco-friendly non-toxic material, sturdy and durable. The round edges are safe for your little ones. Good tactile feeling.
2. Play Dough
Play Dough encourages your kids to use their imagination and fine motor skills. When they roll, squish, shape, flatten, and cut play dough strengthen and develop their hand muscles. This toy set does not limit your kids’ creativity, the possibilities are endless. It also has a calming effect on your kids plus a great outlet to express their emotions. Unleash your kids inner artist with this toy and let them discover things through touch and feel.
Here are some of the best Play Dough toy sets you can give to your kids.
- Play-Doh Fun Factory Deluxe Set: Over 30 Play-Doh tools provide lots of open-ended creative fun. Squeeze fun shapes with the classic fun factory tool. Create animals and other shapes with over 25 cutters.
- Play-Doh Kitchen Creations Magical Oven: Load pretend food and Play Doh compound, then press the lever. White light changes to red and oven makes Ding! sound when done baking. Make pretend foods like make believe muffins, play pizzas, and crazy cakes.
- Play-Doh Modeling Compound: Mega pack of Mega Play Doh fun shape, squish, mix, and make it all. Shape your imagination squishy, bright, non toxic Play Doh compound sparks imaginations.
3. Balancing Tree Game
The game challenges your kids to stack wood blocks with different shapes without crashing down. It develops their problem solving skills, hones their fine motor skills, and enhances spatial and visual perception. It also helps them in goal setting, which is to stack everything appropriately.
Check out these wonderful stacking blocks that is a sure hit to your little ones.
- AGREATLIFE Wooden Balancing Cactus Toy for Kids and Toddlers: Each wooden peg on this peg toy have been sanded, polished and smoothed to prevent any splinters. aGreatLife prides itself on quality and this cactus does not have any chemical or paint smells. The bright colors are non-toxic and harmless for kids. There is an eco-bag that comes with this mini balancing cactus for easy peg storage.
- Lewo Wooden Animals Stacking Blocks Balancing Games: Beautifully crafted Noah’s Ark, featuring 8 animals blocks, 2 trees, 2 flowers, and 1 Ark. Keep balance of the boat, develops fine motor skills while encouraging critical thinking and problem solving.
- LiangTing Game Zone – Monkeying Around: Place the monkeys in the palm tree one by one – it’s a balancing game that’s lots of fun. The players takes turns rotating the spinner to see how many monkeys they get to hang from the tree. As monkeys add up, players must watch out not to topple the tree.
4. Arts & Crafts
Arts and crafts projects engage kids and nurture their imagination and creativity. It promotes innovation; thus, making your kids resourceful and versatile. It boosts self-esteem, improves decision-making skills, and enhances memory. Aside from mental advantages of arts and crafts, it also helps in their physical and social development. It develops fine motor skills, increases agility, and improves hand-eye coordination. It teaches flexibility and helps in socializing.
Challenge your kids imagination and creativity with these amazing arts and crafts sets.
- Alex Discover My Tissue Art Kids Art and Craft Activity: Apply crumbled tissue paper squares to peel and stick cards to create bright, fun designs. The set includes 6 sticky back patterns, 4 google eyes, 800 rainbow colored tissue paper squares and instructions.
- Spirograph Jr.: The large design gears are easy to work with, and our instruction guide shows young imaginations how to turn Spirograph designs into awesome pictures. Aspiring artist of all ages can draw colorful, spiraling designs with Jumbo-size pieces, washable markers, built-in storage, cool carrying case and drawing desk.
- Arts and Crafts Drawing Stencils Set for Kids: Unlike some stencil art sets, this easy draw, sturdy stencils are specially selected for shapes you can draw with any normal pencil or coloring pencils. No fiddly corners means kids can draw outlines first time in any color.
5. Memory Games
Memorization games helps kids improve their concentration and focus, keeps their brain alert, aids cognitive development, and increases their memory power. Memory games will improve your kid’s critical thinking skills. This will help them create new ideas, try to make sense of things, and organize information accordingly. It sharpens their problem-solving skills too as well as enhances their spatial skills.
We’ve listed some of the best memory games that will further develop your kids’ skills.
- Briarpatch Pete The Cat The Missing Cupcakes Game: Briarpatch introduces a Pete the cat game of luck, memory, and cooperation for kids. In this board game, players work together to get the missing cupcakes back from Grumpy Toad. Kids sing songs, act out physical activities, and identify favorite animals, food, and words.
- Little Treasures Matching Letter Game: Perfect for preschoolers, matching letter helps develop memory skills, strategic thinking, sociability, spelling and increases word recognition. Educational and enjoyable, allows children to make the connection between objects and their names while having fun with the flashcards and letter cubes.
- Banana Panda – Suuuper Size Memory Game: A perfect first game for little kids – with colorful illustrations, large pieces and easy-to-follow rules, this is a great beginner game for young children. This game is great for training memory, concentration and cognitive thinking.
6. Emotion-Themed Ttoys
It is important that you encourage your kids to express their emotions. You can never go wrong in giving them toys that allow them to express how they feel. Kids are being exposed to different types of emotions and widening their knowledge about it. They will be more aware if they are mad, sad, or happy. Kids will not be confused in identifying and articulating their feelings.
Here are some of the best toys that will help your young ones express their feelings.
- Learning Resources Soft Foam Emoji Cubes: Dice-like soft foam cubes help kids relate words to feelings with depictions of common emotions. Twelve different faces cover the emotional spectrum, from happy and sad to angry and nervous. Question cubes contain interesting prompts that get kids talking about their feelings.
- Mega Bloks Building Basics Build & Learn Emotions: 20-piece emotion-themed playset. Buildable expressions include happy, angry, sad, surprised, sick, and in love. Match the right pieces together to learn 6 different emotions.
- Hape Eggspressions Wooden Learning Toy: This set includes six expressive wooden eggs with an idea book. Promotes emotional maturity as children identify their feelings. Non-toxic finishes and child safe materials.
Physical Development Toys
7. Climber and Slide
Climbing provides various physical and mental benefits for your three year olds. By climbing, kids develop fine motor skills including grip, grasp, and dexterity. These skills will make it easier for your young ones to hold a pencil or crayons correctly. Climbing builds your children’s physical strength and gross motor skills. This will let them realize that outdoor activities are fun.
We’ve gone ahead and listed the top three climbers and slides that are appropriate for your young one.
- Step2 85314 Game Time Sports Climber and Slide: Go outside and get active! Ideal for engaging social play with multiple children, the spacious design of this climber has many ways to play. Shoot hoops with the built-in basket and included ball, keeping score with convenient clickable knobs on the side.
- Step2 Panda Climber: Large platform level designed with a safe rail enclosing the climber for added safety during playtime. All activity elements are appropriately sized for toddlers. Durable poly construction wipes clean easily and lasts for years.
- Little Tikes Little Baby Bum Wheels on The Bus Climber and Slide: Buster’s steering wheel plays “wheels on the bus,” and makes sounds when you honk the horn. Interactive, musical dashboard features horn, ignition and gear shifter for imaginative play. Water-resistant design makes this activity gym great indoors or outdoors.
8. Pond Water Table
Three year olds are full of energy and it would be best to let them enjoy outside with the right toys. Being outside allows your kids to have some fresh air and sunshine, which is good for their physical development. One of their weaknesses is playing with water. A pond water table allows kids to be creative and develops their hand-eye coordination skills. By picking up toys and putting water in toys or containers improve their fine motor skills.
Let your kids enjoy the sun and the water with these wonderful pond water table sets.
- Paw Patrol Sea Patrol Water Table: Scoop, strain, splash, squirt, and save the day on the paw Patrol sea Patrol water table. Use the included water scoop to pour water into the lookout tower to get the spinner spinning. Help Ryder search for doggies in need of help through the periscope.
- Step2 Tropical Rainforest Water Table: Molded-in rainforest detail and jungle-themed critter toys spark kids’ imaginations. Pour water on the rainforest canopy to create realistic rainfall sounds and activate the put-and-place water maze pieces. Open design water table and included accessories encourage interactive social play for multiple toddlers.
- Little Tikes Anchors Away Pirate Ship: Fun pirate ship themed outdoor, water play table loaded with spinning features. Water moves with pump or by pouring water into the crows nest. Aim and squirt water from the water cannon.
9. Three-Wheeled Bicycle
Giving your kids a three-wheeled bicycle will help them keep their balance. This may be difficult at first, they will stumble, lose their balance, and get hurt. But these challenges will help them develop their concentration and balance ability plus they will learn to be more careful next time. This will improve their attention to details too like parking their bike at the appropriate area.
Here are some of the three-wheeled bicycles that are appropriate to your toddlers.
- Fisher-Price Harley Tough Trike: A tricked out trike with cool Harley Davidson styling. Big foot pedals make it easy for little riders to get rolling. Rugged, durable tires and stable wheel base. Easy grip handlebars.
- Radio Flyer Pink Rider Trike: Adjustable seat grows with your child. Sturdy steel construction, covered storage bin for child fun. Quiet ride wheels and comfort grip handlebars. Easy-to-carry handle grip on seat back.
- 67i Kids Tricycles: Sturdy carbon steel frame, supportive soft seat, fully & widen quiet ride wheels. 60 degree steering limited to avoid kids side falling. Easy to assemble, take only 3 steps to assemble it.
10. Cookware Set
Toddlers are interested in imaginative play with pretend foods. Cookware toys have their own contribution to your child’s development. It boosts social skills since kids are encouraged to discuss with their playmates what they are doing and share the utensils they are using. It improves their reading and vocabulary skills too as well as their as their numeracy and time telling skills.
Here are some of the best cookware sets that your kids will surely enjoy.
- D-FantiX Kitchen Pretend Play Toy: Made from thick ABS safe material, tested by CPSC accepted third-party laboratories, no harm to children. Your children can take a role of chef and learn how to use the kitchen utensil, develop children’s cooking habit and develop imaginative play skills and running for endless play cooking fun.
- umu Wooden Kitchen Playsets Kids Cooking Accessories: Each piece is painted with non-toxic paint and made from renewable resources. Smooth and soft edge is safe for children. Wooden cooking set kids kitchen accessories include a foundation box with pots, pans, teapot, sugar bowl, salt shaker, pepper bottle and one shovel, two spoon, tools and gloves.
- SANBANFU Kids Cooking Set: Made of food grade silicone, non-toxic, smooth edges, protect children’s skin. Set include 5 recipe cards for all levels of experience! This is a good set for beginning cooker and a good introduction into kitchen safety.
Find out more ideal gifts for your three year old from these relevant resources.
- 2020’s Best Toys and Unique Gift Ideas For 3-Year-Olds: The post lists 51 best toys and unique gift ideas for three-year-old kids. Ity includes Play-Doh Tootie The Unicorn Ice Cream Set, The LadyBug Game, and Intex Dinosaur Play Center.
- Best Gifts for 3-Years-Olds: The post provides 12 great gifts for three year olds that experts and kids love. It offers information on why kids and experts love the listed toys as well as their benefits. It includes Dollhouse, Playhouse, and Doctor’s Kit.
Finding the best and perfect gifts for three years old is really challenging. When choosing the gift for your kids, keep in mind what they love to do and what could help them improve their skills.
Bingo is one of the most popular games played by adults. It is a game of chance, in which players will mark off the numbers on their cards as the numbers are drawn randomly and called by the game host or announcer. The first person to mark off five numbers horizontally, vertically or diagonally wins the game. There may be some that required other patterns and whosoever achieved that pattern won. The main event for Bingo is called Black Out, which means that the winner should have all the spots of his/her card marked.
The post BINGO Instructions offers information on other ideal Bingo patterns that you can use. You can watch this video to learn the basic rule in playing Bingo.
Bingo as an Educational Tool for Kids
Originally, adults are the only ones playing Bingo and the items on the cards are numbers only. However, it was proven to be an effective teaching and learning tool for schoolchildren. Way back in the 1800s, Bingo used to help German schoolchildren learn their multiplication table. It was used to other subjects too. Kids learn and memorize the lessons easily if they are having fun.
You can incorporate Bingo with any subject. Here are some ways on how you can play educational Bingo with your kids.
Language and Reading
- Writing: Include traceable letters on each box. Call out the letter and your kids will trace the answer. This will help them memorize the correct way of writing the letters plus recognize the alphabet in a fun way.
- Phonemics: Bingo can be used to teach your kids to learn the sounds that correspond to the letters of the alphabet. Make a Bingo chart and write a letter in each of the boxes. Your kids will mark the letter of the sound you make. You can ask them to identify the beginning sound of the word.
- Language: You can have a Definition or Sight Word Bingo. For the definition bingo, write the words on each box. Kids will mark the correct answer to the definition you’ve read. Sight word is ideal to teach kids how to read and spell. Each square contains one word or phrase. You will call out a word and kids will mark it. You can replace it with pictures or symbols depending on your objective.
- Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, and Division: You can easily teach your kids addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division via Bingo. Prepare the problem and write the correct answers on the Bingo boxes. Example: 7 x 4 = 28, write 28 on one of the boxes and call the problem 7 x 4. Your kids will cover the correct answer to the problem you called.
- Clock Reading: Fill out each box with different photos of clocks showing different time. Call out the time and your kids will mark the correct picture.
Here are some amazing educational Bingo cards that you can play with your kids.
- Picture Words Bingo Game: Build language skills by matching words to photos of 50 common objects. Set includes: 36 playing cards, over 200 chips, caller’s mat and cards, and a sturdy storage box.
- Trend Enterprises Sight Words Bingo: Ideal for teaching kids five years old and up. Set includes 36 playing cards, 264 playing chips, caller’s mat and cards and a sturdy storage box.
- Alphabet Bingo Game: Great for alphabet learning: These bingo cards are designed with alphabet and animal patterns. They are great for children to identify alphabet and animals with fun.
- Addition and Subtraction Bingo Board Games Carson-Dellosa: Perfect to teach your kids addition and subtraction. Package includes 36 double-sided game cards, 720 tokens, 100 calling cards, and answer mat.
Check out these relevant resources and find out more ideas on how you can incorporate Bingo to your kids’ learning.
- Bingo Across the Curriculum: The post provides a rundown of different ways teachers can incorporate Bingo in their lessons.
- Fun Classroom Activity: Bingo: The post offers information on how to use Bingo as a fun classroom activity.
- Bingo For Kids Educational and Fun: The post discusses the advantages of using Bingo in teaching your kids.
The video “How to Use Bingo In Your Classroom” shows different ways on how teachers can effectively use Bingo in their lessons.
Bingo as Kids Party Activities
Bingo has become one of the most exciting and enjoyable games at kids’ parties and even family gatherings. Kids love to call out Bingo and win some treats. Kids’Bingo cards used photos not the usual number items. It can be patterned according to the party’s theme or your kids’ favorite characters. There are various Bingo cards available that you can choose from.
Try these printable Bingo cards from Partituki. The set includes 30 different Bingo cards, calling cards, and letters. All pages are high resolution (300 dpi) for quality prints. You can print as many copies as you want for a price of one.
Bingo Cards Suggestion
Here are other ideal Bingo cards for your kids’ party.
- Miss Fantasy Unicorn Bingo Games Magical Party Games: These bingo cards are great for unicorn themed parties. The set includes 24 player cards, which is great for huge parties.
- Fancy Land Birthday Bingo Game: Birthday Bingo Game is an easy game for kids to play. The game cards are full of favorite birthday characters, symbols and elements. The set includes 24 Happy Birthday Bingo Game Cards, 441 Birthday Crown Bingo Card Chips, 24 call out cards, and game instructions.
- Mermaid Bingo Party Game for Kids: Easy to play mermaid party game for kids, made to match your purple and teal mermaid birthday theme for a girl. The set includes 24 mermaid bingo game cards with chips, calling chips, and easy game instructions.
We’ve listed Holiday Bingo cards that you can choose from.
- St.Patrick’s Day Bingo Game for Kids: The game cards are full of favorite St.Patrick’s Day characters, symbols and elements. The package includes 24 St.Patrick’s Day Bingo game cards, 441 lucky leave Bingo card chips, 24 call out cards, and game instructions.
- Joyin 28 Players Easter Bingo Cards for Easter Party Goodies Games: Perfect for you to play with your kids on Easter’s events. Set includes 28 Easter theme frame cards, 1 call-out card, and 8 sheets of marker.
- Thanksgiving Day Bingo Game Party Supplies: Thanksgiving Day Bingo Game is perfect for children to play and simple, full of all kinds of Thanksgiving Day elements and characters, very suitable for party games. The set includes 24 unique bingo player cards with 420 fallen leaf player chips,1 letter card with letter B, I, N, G, O and Thanksgiving game instructions.
Some Fun Facts About Bingo
- Bingo originates from Italy in 1530 and is nearly 500 years old. It is known as ‘Lo Guioco del Lotto D’Italia.
- Toy salesman Edwin Lowe popularized the game in the 1920s. He saw people playing Beano using dried beans were used as markers. He took the game to New York and spread throughout the US by the 1940s.
- Beano became Bingo after a woman who won the jackpot yelled the word.
- The game enhances the player’s cognitive abilities and can alleviate stress.
Learn more fun facts about Bingo from these relevant resources.
- Amazing facts about your favorite bingo game: The posts lists 31 amazing facts about bingo including information on bingo cards, the game, and online bingo game.
- 10 Interesting Facts About Your Favorite Bingo Game: The post provides 10 interesting facts about Bingo including the origin of its name and the largest Bingo win.
Get those Bingo cards and let the learning and fun begin! Happy Bingo!
Time flies so fast. It feels like yesterday when you first held your child. When it comes to gifts, one-year-old kids are not picky. They don’t really care about the price and the brand of your gifts. What really excites them is the fact that they have presents to open.
One of the most important things to consider when buying a gift for a one-year-old is that it should be something educational, something that will help them with their development. Nothing to be grand nor fancy. To help you ease with the burden of digging the Internet and toy stores, we’ve listed top 10 ideal gifts for one-year olds.
1. ABC Toys
It is never too early to introduce your one-year olds to ABCs. The alphabet is an essential part of every person, especially for the young ones. Everyone learned how to speak and communicate by knowing the letters and sounds. No one was taught how to read without knowing the alphabet first because it is the foundation of any language. It is a must to expose them bit by bit to this learning.
Here are some of the best ABC toys that you can give to your kids.
- Timy Wooden Alphabet Puzzle Board: Great learning toy that includes 26 uppercase letters to fit into a wooden puzzle board. Smooth wooden alphabets painted with bright colors: red, yellow, blue, green, and purple.
- BleuZoo Soft Alphabet Cards: Great toy to learn the ABCs. Letters are prominently displayed on the front of the card on a unique colored background. While the other side depicts a colorful child friendly animal that corresponds with the letter.
- Melissa & Doug ABC-123 Abacus: The abacus features 36 double-sided letter and number tiles. Helps teach letter, number, color, and pattern recognition; encourages fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination
The Importance of Learning the Alphabet for Toddlers: The posts discusses the importance of learning the alphabet among toddlers.
2. Building Blocks
Building blocks not just excite your young ones but offer a lot of benefits for their development. It is actually one of the best educational toys that develops multiple skills among children. Block play involves sorting, matching, and following sequence; thus, developing your kids cognitive skills aside from emotional, physical, and social development. It also improves their mathematical skills and vocabulary.
Read these relevant resources and learn more about the benefits of building blocks to your toddlers.
- The benefits of toy blocks: The science of construction play: The post offers information on the benefits of toy blocks to your kids. It also provides tips on how to enrich block play.
- 5 Benefits of Building Blocks: The post provides five benefits of playing building blocks.
We’ve listed top three building blocks that your kids will surely love.
- First Builders Big Building Bag: 80 classic-colored building blocks, including special shapes. Perfect for little hands
- Top Bright Wooden Building Blocks Set: This baby blocks for 1 year old contains 80 pieces in different bright color and shape, printed with cute animals and letters. Toddlers can freely use their imagination to build the whimsy,exercise balance and hand-eye coordination.
- Melissa & Doug Deluxe Jumbo Cardboard Blocks: Includes 40 blocks in three sizes. The blocks are made of premium, extra-thick red cardboard blocks that hold up to 150 pounds.
3. Color toys
Kids love colors and get easily attracted to them. At a young age, they are interested in creating arts and curious about the colorful things they see. You can never go wrong in picking color toys for your one-year old. Giving them these kinds of toys will help them learn basic colors at an early stage.
We’ve listed three best olor toys that you can give to your toddler.
- GYBBER&MUMU Wooden Preschool Colorful Shape Puzzle: Encouraging babies’ hands, eyes, brain coordination, promoting color recognition and fine motor skills, so as to inspire children’s imagination.
- Gleeporte Colorful Counting Bears with Coordinated Sorting Cups: Kids will grow to love counting, sorting, matching, and playing with these cute bears. The bright colors make these bears visually stimulating as well.
- The Learning Journey Lift & Learn Puzzle: Promotes creativity, tactile and motor development, and thinking and learning.
4. Shape-sorting toys
Introduce the world of shapes to your toddlers using these shape-sorting toys. These toys are a great way to encourage your babies to solve puzzles; hence, developing their problem-solving skills. When they try to insert a circle into rectangle or oval shape, they will see that it is not working. They will then try to insert it into another slot until they find the correct one. With this, they were triggered to use their problem-solving skills. You will be amazed to see their progress.
Check out these relevant resources and gain more knowledge about the benefits of shape-sorting toys to your kids.
- Benefits of Shape Sorter Toys: The post provides a detailed description of the advantages of shape sorter toys. It also includes different types of shape sorters.
- Amazing Benefits of Shape Sorter Toys: The post provides five benefits of shape sorting toys including fine motor skill development, reasoning skills, and learning about cause and effect.
With lots of shape sorting toys available on the Internet and toy store, we’ve listed top three best choices.
- Play22 Baby Blocks Shape Sorter Toy: Educational blocks sorer cube shapes is challenging and fun for little ones.
- Fat Brain Toys Shape Sorter: Simple, timeless, educational fun for little ones.
- Melissa & Doug Match & Roll Shape-Sorter: Our shape-sorting toy helps teach multiple skills, including color and shape recognition, sorting skills, problem-solving abilities, and manual dexterity.
5. Stacking Toys
Stacking toys also develop multiple skills of your one-year olds. It develops hand-eye coordination since kids learn how to pick and stack objects. They are also exposed to the cause and effect learning by trying to figure out which will work best. The manipulation of pieces strengthens your kids’ motor skills. Kids exposed to puzzlement are encouraged to think outside the box; thus, developing their problem-solving skills at an early stage.
These relevant resources offer detailed information on the advantages of stacking toys.
- How Stacking/Nesting Toys Can Develop Early Language and Fine Motor Skills: The post provides six benefits of stacking toys to your kids.
- Stacking Blocks Developmental Milestones and Awesome Fun Activities: The post discusses the things that your kids are practicing when stacking objects.
Select from these amazing stacking toys that you can give to your one-year old.
- Oopsy Babies Educational Stacking Cups: With the letters, numbers and colors, it makes a great learning tool for babies & toddlers. More than just cups to stack.
- Sassy Stacks of Circles Stacking Ring STEM Learning Toy: Straight post accepts different sized rings, strengthening hand-eye coordination. Chunky rings make it easy for baby to grasp, strengthening fine motor skills.
- Happkid Stacking Cups with Castle Stacker for Toddler: Stack up, match shapes, sort colors and sizes. Develops kids’ fine motor, eye-hand coordination and problem solving skills.
6. Simple Puzzles
Puzzles also play an important role in the development of your kids as they offer various skills and mental learning opportunities. These toys are beneficial for your kids cognitive skills since kids develop a deeper understanding of the topic. Puzzles also help refine your kids fine motor skills since they are required to pinch, pick up, and move around the pieces. Completing the puzzle boosts their self-esteem. It makes them proud that they’ve accomplished the task given to them.
These relevant resources further discuss the benefits of puzzles to your young ones.
- The Benefits of Puzzles in Early Childhood Development: The post discusses the three basics of what puzzles do for your child: physical, emotional, and cognitive skills.
- 11 Advantages of Puzzles for Your Child’s Development: The post provides 11 benefits of puzzles for child development. It also includes some practical tips.
We’ve gone ahead and selected some puzzles that you and your kids can enjoy solving together.
- Dinana Wooden Animal Jigsaw Puzzles: Dinana Wooden Jigsaw Puzzle helps children develop strong hand-eye coordination, fine motor skills, and problem-solving abilities.
- 6 Pack Wooden Jigsaw Puzzles: Designed to encourage dexterity and logic, this jigsaw puzzle has chunky pieces that are perfectly sized for little hands to hold. Also, these toddler puzzles are safe for children, your baby can’t swallow them as it is big enough.
- Melissa & Doug Jumbo Knob Wooden Puzzles: Extra-thick wooden puzzle features jumbo wooden knobs for easy grasping. A perfect activity to encourage hand-eye coordination and visual perception skills.
7. Musical Instruments
Studies show that listening to music develops fetal brain development, this is why some expectant mothers listen to calming music. Musical toys are important to your child’s brain development so do not stop them from playing their favorite tunes. Music helps boost cognitive skills as it can help stimulate beneficial brain activity. Furthermore, playing the instrument enhances their memory and emotional wellbeing. You never know music might be their future career.
Check out these relevant resources and find out more about the amazing benefits of music to your little ones.
- 10 Huge Benefits of Musical Toys for Kids: The post discusses the major benefits of musical toys for kids.
- 5 Reasons Why Musical Instruments for Kids Are Important: The post offers five reasons why kids should play musical instruments.
- ToyerBee Musical Instruments Toys Set for Kids: A perfect inspirational set of toys to get kids moving, grooving, and feeling the beat.
- Toddler Musical Instruments- Ehome 15 Types 22pcs Wooden Percussion Instruments Toy for Kids: Made of high quality non-toxic material, safe and reliable for young children.
- Aokiwo Kids Musical Instruments: 33 pcs 20 different kinds of musical toys, including shaking, tapping, beating and blowing instruments.
Balls may appear as an ordinary toy, but they are one of those must-have toys for toddlers. These can be played in various ways, which include catching, rolling, dribbling, kicking, and tossing. These activities improve not just the motor skills of your kids but develops hand-eye coordination and proper timing as well.
More information on the benefits of ball play from these relevant resources.
- Why Your Child Should be Playing With Balls: The post offers information on the importance of playing balls to your child development. It also includes tips on choosing the right ball, rules for play, and proper ball storage.
- Benefits of Ball Play: The post provides seven advantages of ball play. It also includes some easy ball games that you can play with your kids.
- The Developmental Benefits of Practicing Ball Skills With Your Child: The post lists five ball games that you can play with your child for developmental exercises purposes.
We’ve selected top three ideal balls for your toddler.
- Bedwina Knobby Balls: These lightweight balls are awesome for throwing, bouncing, rolling, catching and playing with both indoors and outdoors.
- Sensory Balls for Kids: Giving these easy to grasp and hold baby sensory balls and colorful stacking cups is a very effective way to develop baby’s tactile senses.
- BalanceFrom Non-Toxic Crush Proof Play Balls Pit: Each ball measures 2. 3 inches in diameter, a perfect size for small child’s hand. 6 bright & attractive Colors: blue, red, pink, green, orange and yellow.
9. Push and Pull Toys
A push toy will help your new walkers feel more confident and walk a little more stable. It helps build gross motor skills by providing support for babies who are starting to stand or walk alone. It also boosts their confidence, builds their strength, and enhances their balance. Pull toys have the same benefits as that of the push toys. These toys motivate your children to keep working on their gross skills.
We’ve picked the top three amazing push and pull toys for your kids.
- ArtCreativity Bubble Lawn Mower: An awesome toy that will have that kiddo bubbly with glee! This lawn mower doubles as a bubble blower machine kids will love.
- VTech Pop-a-Balls Push and Pop Bulldozer: Push the handle to roll the red bulldozer across the floor and watch it pop balls out of the chimney into the bucket.
- VTech Sit-to-Stand Learning Walker: Interactive learning baby Walker features a removable toddler play panel that develops fine motor skills. Adjustable speed control on wheels.
- VTech Pull and Sing Puppy: Push or pull the playful puppy using the cord to activate music while building gross motor skills
- Wooden Pull Along Toy Set of 3 Pull Along Toy: These thoughtfully designed toys by parents, help your little ones develop balance, early walking and hand-eye coordination for happy, healthy and smart kids.
- Melissa & Doug Pull-Back Vehicles: The rev-up mechanism inside each vehicle makes it easy for babies and toddlers to get big acceleration with little input.
Do your kids love bedtime stories? Why not add some additional books to their collection of stories? Reading books with them will encourage their interest in reading as they grow older. This enhances their imagination, vocabulary, and knowledge about the topics.
Learn some additional facts about the importance of reading books to your children from these relevant resources.
- Reading Books to Babies: The post discusses the benefits of reading to your baby. It also includes tips on what and how to read to them.
- 16 Benefits of Reading To Your Child: The post provides 16 benefits of reading to your children.
Here are some awesome books that you can include on your list.
- The Perfect Seat: The book tells the story of a parent and a child looking for the best spot for the story-time.
- You Are My Happy: As mama bear and her cub cuddle together before closing their eyes for a good night’s sleep, they reflect on the everyday wonders of life that make them happy.
- Why?: A simple story about the unfailingly curious Rabbit– and his patient friend Bear, who always answers his questions.
- The Amazing Partituki & Friends. The First Adventure: A great adventure book that teaches a good lesson of being nice, making friends, and working as a team. Partituki and his friends will work together to beat the Hungrydragon.
- The Amazing Kid Book of Things That Go: A great reference book that will help young readers to learn about transports and things that go. This book has a bunch of vibrant and colorful pictures of cars, motorcycles, trucks, planes, train that your children will love.
- My First 101 Words: A great picture book for your young ones who are starting to learn their ABCs, recognize objects, and identify the name of the objects. This book has 101 basic English words accompanied with pictures.
- Will the Princess Get Married: A great fictional book that will give your kids an idea about royalty and true friendship. The story tells about how Partituki and his friends helped Princess Claire and Prince James.
Remember: Gifts for your one-year old do not have to grand and fancy. Give them something they will learn from. I hope you’ll find the ideal gift for your one-year olds. Happy learning!
Who doesn’t love traveling? Everyone is excited to travel regardless if it’s international or local, may it be through land or air or water. However, traveling with the kids around is a different story compared to traveling alone or with co-adults. There are lots to consider, from the things to pack to surviving the travel time. It is always daunting, but we’ve listed 10 tips to ensure that everyone will have a good time during the family getaway.
1. Do not overpack.
You don’t have to bring your child’s whole wardrobe for a couple of days vacation. To avoid packing unnecessary things and forgetting the important ones, make a checklist of the things that should be packed for your kids. You can start packing your child’s stuff 3 days or a week before your scheduled trip, just make sure to crash out the items that have been packed. This will avoid you from cramming.
Here are some of the necessities that should be included on your kids backpack:
- Baby wipes
- Spare pacifiers
- Snacks (avoid too much sweets)
- Extra clothes
- iPad/tablet/DVD player
- Plastic bags (for trash)
2. Book wisely.
Decide whether you want to book a hotel or vacation rentals. Weigh in both the pros and cons as well as consider the needs and comfort of your little ones. Hotels offer room service, baby-sitting services, meals, etc. Check if they offer baby supplies rentals (car seat, playpen, or stroller) so you don’t have to carry those stuff while flying and save from additional baggage fees. On the other hand, vacation rentals allow you to prepare your own meals and your kids will still feel at home. Most of the time, these are cheaper compared to hotels. However, most of these rentals are a bit far from tourist spots and would require commuting, which might be already tiring and stressful for the kids.
3. Expect a slow(er) pace.
You might be used to rushing things before, but things are different now. You need to take the pace slower since kids are already around. When planning for the activities or the places to visit, be realistic on the things you want to cover. Include fewer activities so you can enjoy each day and avoid feeling like you’re running out of time. Having lesser things to do on your list will save you from disappointment if you failed to accomplish everything. Less pressure means stress-free and more enjoyable getaway. Spend more time to lesser places, allow your kids to play at the park or be mesmerized with the buildings and scenery.
4. Find fun for everyone.
Plan activities that will give everyone an opportunity to enjoy, something that will meet the needs of all the family members. You can visit cathedrals, fancy restaurants, playgrounds, and the like. Try to include the places you’d also like to see aside from the places for your kids. You will be surprised that everyone will enjoy it even if the place is not really of their interest.
5. Allocate rest time.
You can start your activities early in the morning then return to the hotel or the vacation rental after lunch. This is the best time to recharge and cool off (especially if it’s burning hot outside). You can continue your itenary once everyone is up. You don’t have to rush things. Rest is necessary for your kids and for you too.
6. Be knowledgeable about the place you’re visiting.
It is a must to know the culture and the basic rules of the city or country you are visiting. If you are breastfeeding, search the Internet if your travel destination allows breastfeeding in public or if there are designated areas where you can. If you want to be 100% sure, you can always ask the locals. It is also important to know their dos and don’ts, there are things that are acceptable in your country but a taboo to others.
7. Prepare the important documents of your kids.
As a precautionary measure for child trafficking, you might be asked for proof that you are authorized to travel with your kids. It is important that you bring their birth certificate and marriage certificate. If you are traveling alone with your kids, you will need to secure a signed and attested consent letter from the other parent confirming that you are allowed to travel with your kids. If the other parent is already dead, you also need to bring proof like their death certificate. In cases where the child is adopted, do not forget his/her adoption papers.
8. Book an early morning or late night flight
Most of the time, morning flights are not delayed and less crowded. Your kids might just take a nap and continue their disrupted sleep. Traveling late night also means that your kids will only sleep on the trip so you don’t have to worry about dealing with their tantrums or disturbing co-passengers.
9. Look for the best place to sit on the airplane.
It is important to check with the airline on the appropriate seat that you should choose. Some aircraft do not have extra oxygen masks for your little ones. Sitting at the very end of the plane means you will only disturb fewer people and you can get up and use the toilet any time. However, the back of the aircraft can be noisy and the seats can’t be reclined fully. Being in front is just like sitting at the back.
Selecting the middle seat allows you to use the bulkhead seats plus more legroom and more space for play. You can also use a baby cradle (if there’s any). The main disadvantage of sitting in the middle is that storage under the seat in front of you is not available.
When choosing a seat, always consider the age of your children.
10. Break routines.
Leave the strict schedule at home like the designated meal time and bedtime. If the place you visited offers a vibrant nightlife that is suitable for your kids, let them stay up late and enjoy the night. If they want to munch some not-so-healthy food or grab a bunch of pizza and fries, allow them. Bending the rules over the vacation won’t change anything once you get back home. Let go of the standards for a couple of days and give your kids the chance to fully enjoy the holiday. They will surely won’t forget all the trips you have as a family.
Check out these relevant resources and find out more strategies to make your trip with kids a success.
- 25 essential tips for traveling with kids: The post offers 25 tips to help you prepare and remain sane when traveling with your kids.
- 11 Tips for Cheap Travel With Kids: The post offers 11 practical tips on how to save when traveling with your children.
- 14 Strategies for Stress-Free Air Travel With Children: The post provides 14 tips to make your air travel stress-free. It offers strategies on the things to do before your flight, at the airport, and in the air.
- 15 Tips for Traveling With Kids: The post offers 15 tips on how to plan big trips with little kids based on the lessons they’ve learned from visiting four countries and five cities with their preschooler.
- 50 top tips for traveling with kids: The post discusses 50 essential tips for parents who are planning to take a trip with their kids.
Traveling with kids requires a notable amount of adjustments especially when you are used to traveling alone or with co-adults. But you will realize that traveling with them is twice the fun. All you have to do is plan accordingly and do not expect that everything will be smooth sailing. Be calm whatever the situation is and, above all, have fun and create great memories with your family. Have a safe trip and enjoy exploring the world.
As technology is rapidly developing and evolving, kids become more hooked and enthralled with their iPads and video games. Most of the time, they no longer care about the outside world nor notice that it is a perfect day for an outdoor activity. Instead of letting them be, why not introduce to them some fun outdoor toys that will surely make them forget their gadgets? We’ve listed 10 best of the best outdoor toys that guarantee a playtime full of fun.
1. Toy Archery Set
Why not boost the archery skills of your kids? Challenge them to hit the bullseye. Archery has various benefits for your kids, may it be physical or mental. The sport teaches your kids focus, concentration, self-discipline, and patience. This will also help your kids learn from failure, it teaches kids to be resilient and encourages them to keep trying until they hit bullseye. Archery improves their physical health as it requires walking back and forth to get the arrows. Standing up is beneficial for posture while drawing a bow requires controlled strength. So, better be ready and hit the bullseye!
Watch this video and learn how to play archery. It also showed the proper way to store the toy.
Read these relevant resources and learn more about the benefits of archery to your kids.
- 25 Reasons Archery is Good For Kids: The post provides 25 benefits of playing archery to your kids.
- 10 Reasons to Teach Your Kids Archery Right Now: The post provides 10 reasons why kids should learn archery.
Select one from of these toy archery sets and let the aiming begins.
- Sport Series Archery Shooting Set, Bow & Arrow Toy: Perfect for 4-8 years old range. A safe and fantastic archery toy bow and arrow set for children to enjoy hunting game and will not cause any hurt.
- SainSmart Jr. Kids Bow and Arrows: Durable and perfect for any child wanting to jump start their archery skills. Cool lighting effects will come out automatically when pull string.
- GoBroBrand Bow and Arrow Set for Kids: Everyone will enjoy playing with this set. Play with the different light settings and excite your kid with a magnificent gift that will fuel their imagination.
2. Inflatable Surf ‘N Slide
Who doesn’t love sliding and gliding on a slide-and-slide? Playing in the water is one of the favorite games that children love. We’ve gone ahead and selected the best surf ‘n slide that you could give to your kids.
- Wham-O Slip ‘N Slide Surf Rider: This 16ft Slip ‘N Slide Surf Rider Double will turn your backyard into a private water park. All kids will not only be busy by staying active and enjoying the outside backyard fun but will also make unforgettable summer memories.
- Intex Surf ’N Slide Inflatable Play Center: It includes two surf riders with heavy duty handles. the fun shark design is perfect for kids.
- Wow World of Watersports Giant Backyard Waterslide: Zig-zag spray pattern sprinkler system runs the length of the slide for awesome water coverage for great sliding, connects easily to a water hose.
However, if the budget is tight, you can have your homemade slip and slide using painter’s plastic. All you have to do is lay the plastic, pour some soap, and sprinkle it with water.
This video will walk you through on how to make your own DIY slip and slide.
3. Saucer Tree Swing
Kids will surely love going back and forth while riding on a saucer tree swing. If your kids get dizzy easily, they can just lay still on the swing and watch the clouds. The swing is big enough so the whole family can take a ride or can look for animal-shaped clouds together. It would be a great bonding for the family.
To lessen your burden in finding the best saucer tree swing for your little ones, we’ve selected the top four best swing.
- Super Deal 40″ Kids Web Tree Swing Saucer Swing: Can handle up to 440 lbs. and is built out of the strongest materials like 600D Oxford polyester and commercial grade steel for the frame.
- Costzon 40″ Waterproof Saucer Tree Swing: Made of 600D oxford fabric, PP cloth, and an industrial strength steel frame. With a strong load-bearing capacity, it can handle multiple children at the same time.
- Wonderview 40″ Tree Swing: Made of 900D Oxford polyester, grade steel for the frame, M9 Screws, reinforced stitching straps and high strong PE rope can hold up to 600lbs.
4. Kids Parachute Toy
Children can do a lot of things from this parachute toy. Kids will definitely get entertained playing the parachute games. They might forget that gadgets exist. Check out these resources that list down the perfect games for your young ones.
- 31 Fun Parachute Games and Activities for Kids: The post lists 31 enjoyable parachute games and activities for kids. It also offers instructions on how to play each game along with tips to make the games more fun.
- List of Parachute Games & Activities: The post lists 21 parachute games and activities along with brief instructions on how to play the game.
Kids will also be excited once they see this video on how to play Igloo.
There are several parachute toys that you can choose from so we’ve gone ahead and listed the most affordable ones.
- MountRhino Kids Parachute: 6ft diameter, 9 separate handles spaced evenly around for indoor outdoor games exercise group play. Made of eco-friendly and durable non-toxic 100% Polyester material.
- Sonyabecca Kids Play Parachute: 6-feet diameter, 9 separate handles romotes cooperative group play while helping to build muscles.
- Gimilife Parachute for Kids: The parachute 9-feet diameter is a good tool to teach children about team spirit and adapting to society.
5. Inflatable Play Set
Your children will truly enjoy bouncing, climbing, jumping, and more with these inflatable play sets. These will be beneficial to their physical health and well-being. Kids will definitely drop their gadgets to enjoy this inflatable play set. You also don’t have to give your full attention to them.
- Action Air Bounce House: Very sturdy and most likely to hold up a decent amount of jumping around by the kids. The bouncy house surrounded by mesh safety netting to keep away children from falling while jumping.
- Joymor Bounce House Inflatable: The jumping area is surrounded by 3 sides of mesh safety netting to protect your children from falling while jumping.
- Little Tikes Inflatable Jump ‘n Slide Bounce House: Three mesh slides protect children, and let parents watch the fun. Maximum weight is 250 lbs.
6. Soccer Goal and Pitch Back
Soccer is one of the most popular games in the world that is being played everywhere. Kids will love having a mini-soccer field in your background. They will be excited to have a kick and score a goal. The game will help them build valuable life skills including decision making, problem-solving, hard work, and communication. It will also help them the importance of cooperation and teamwork.
- Franklin Sports Blackhawk Portable Soccer Goal: Durable, weather resistant soccer goals that make practicing shots fun and easy. The fiberglass and steel construction add stability while being easy to set up and take down.
- Step2 Kickback Soccer Goal And Pitch Back: Fun multi-use sports center with a 2-in-1 soccer goal and pitch-back. Includes 1 soccer ball, 2 hockey sticks, 1 street hockey puck and 1 pitch back ball.
- Franklin Sports Kids Mini Soccer Goal Set: This mini soccer set is perfect for youth soccer players and toddlers who are just starting to learn the game.
7. Outdoor BBQ Playset
Giving your kids cooking sets while they are young will definitely boost their interest in cooking. Kids can pretend that are cooking and grilling real barbecues. This will be a total for them. We’ve listed three outdoor BBQ playset that you can choose from.
- LBLA Pretend Play Food BBQ Playset: The kids BBQ pretend play set is made of high quality ABS material, durable and allows children to play again and again; designed with round edge, keep your children away from hurt.
- Step2 Fixin’ Fun Outdoor Grill: Play grill knobs make real “clicking” sounds and realistic “lift up” grill lid.
- Little Tikes Cook ‘n Play Outdoor BBQ: Working oven and fridge doors; molded-in pegs to hang kitchen utensils and pans, clicking knobs on grill make fun sounds.
8. Shark Pool Toss Game
Kids can play this both on dry land or in the pool. They will surely enjoy this fun toss game. The game will develop your kids hand-eye-coordination as well as social skills. To help you find the best shark pool toss games, we’ve listed three fun and enjoyable toss toy.
- Shark Toss Game with 3 Bean Bags: Fun game for everyone. Made of 600D Oxford Cloth materials with truly digital printing that never fades and no chemical smell, thicker than normal polyester material and durable.
- Melissa & Doug Sunny Patch Spark Shark Toss and Catch Net Pool Game: Super cute and kids will love playing with these in the pool. Encourages gross motor skills, hand-eye coordination and interpersonal skills.
- Fun Express Inflatable Shark Bean Bag Toss Game: This inflatable game is sure to make a big splash during your summer celebrations!
9. Sand and Water Play Table
Let the kids feel they are on the beach with this two-in-one water table and sandbox. Kids can fill the other side with sand and make sandcastles while the other side can be filled with with water. They can let their figurines swim in the splash pool. Here are some ideal sand and water play tables for your kids they will defeinitely enjoy.
- Step2 Splash N Scoop Bay Sand and Water Table: Large, dual-sided water table allows for water and sand play at once. Combine the water tower and mountain cover to create a fun waterfall.
- Little Tikes Sandy Lagoon Waterpark: Engaging and colorful sand and water play table allows for character play and is elevated for standing toddlers.
- Step2 Cascading Cove Sand & Water Table with Umbrella: Separated by a molded-in roadway, the two-sided activity table features both a sand and water side for tons of sensory play.
Who wouldn’t want to fly a kite? Flying a kite gives your kids a chance to be outside, breathe some fresh air, and get some exercise. They will surely get excited when it soars so high and they’ll be challenged to keep it flying.
This video willsho you how fun it is to fly a kite with the whole family.
Read these relevat resources and find out more ablout flying a kite.
- How to Fly a Kite With Your Kids: The post discusses the things you need to know to get that kite up in the air and flying right.
- How to Make & Fly a Kite: The post provides step-by-step on how to nake your own kite. It also includes tips on how to fly it.
- Teaching Kids How to Fly a Kite: The post provides the scoop on how to fly a kite.
Here are some ideal kites for your kids.
- aGreatLife Huge Rainbow Kit: This easy flyer is specially designed to be stable and not difficult to launch in any level of wind. The durable fabric body and tail will last for years.
- Hengda Kite for Kids: This kite is sturdy and beautiful in the sky. Flying the kite is undoubtedly an entertaining activity for both kids and adults.
- Mint’s Colorful Life Mermaid Kite: Simple instructions, easy to assemble, easy to fly, super steady in the sky. Strong rods and kite string.
It is important that your kids should play outside once in a while. This will enhance their physical health, mental development, and emotional aspect. Do not allow your kids to focus on their and missing the fun outside. There are a lot of ways to encourage them to get up and play outside. Happy playing!