10 Best Ideal Gifts for Three Year Olds
Finding the best gift for your three-year old is quite challenging. Three year olds can sit and play for a longer period of time. It is a must to give them toys that will help them further develop their skills. It is the best stage to introduce to them new activities and develop new strengths. With the right educational toy, your kids will surely have fun while learning. At this stage, your three year olds have a longer attention span so it is ideal to give them make-believe toys and educational toys. You can also give them some strength-developing toys.
1. Jigsaw Puzzles
Jigsaw puzzles are an important educational learning tool for your three years old. These develop different skills and mental learning benefits. Puzzles increase your kids’ visual spatial awareness and develop their cognitive skills. These are a fun way for your toddlers to refine and improve their fine motor skills since they are required to pinch, pick up, and grasp pieces. Jigsaw also promotes hand-eye coordination.
Here are some of the best jigsaw puzzles you can give to your kids.
- Tepsmigo Wooden Jigsaw Puzzles 4 Packs: These wooden puzzles are made of high-quality environmental wood, won’t hurt the kids’ delicate skin. Encourage creativity as well as developing hand-to-eye coordination and fine motor skills.
- Casaon Wooden Jigsaw Puzzles Set: Contains 10 puzzles, 24 pieces each. These puzzles have smooth round corners for kids and are well-made. These kids’ jigsaw puzzles are made of natural wood.
- Dreampark Puzzles for Kids Ages 3-8: The wooden jigsaw puzzles are made of Eco-friendly non-toxic material, sturdy and durable. The round edges are safe for your little ones. Good tactile feeling.
2. Play Dough
Play Dough encourages your kids to use their imagination and fine motor skills. When they roll, squish, shape, flatten, and cut play dough strengthen and develop their hand muscles. This toy set does not limit your kids’ creativity, the possibilities are endless. It also has a calming effect on your kids plus a great outlet to express their emotions. Unleash your kids inner artist with this toy and let them discover things through touch and feel.
Here are some of the best Play Dough toy sets you can give to your kids.
- Play-Doh Fun Factory Deluxe Set: Over 30 Play-Doh tools provide lots of open-ended creative fun. Squeeze fun shapes with the classic fun factory tool. Create animals and other shapes with over 25 cutters.
- Play-Doh Kitchen Creations Magical Oven: Load pretend food and Play Doh compound, then press the lever. White light changes to red and oven makes Ding! sound when done baking. Make pretend foods like make believe muffins, play pizzas, and crazy cakes.
- Play-Doh Modeling Compound: Mega pack of Mega Play Doh fun shape, squish, mix, and make it all. Shape your imagination squishy, bright, non toxic Play Doh compound sparks imaginations.
3. Balancing Tree Game
The game challenges your kids to stack wood blocks with different shapes without crashing down. It develops their problem solving skills, hones their fine motor skills, and enhances spatial and visual perception. It also helps them in goal setting, which is to stack everything appropriately.
Check out these wonderful stacking blocks that is a sure hit to your little ones.
- AGREATLIFE Wooden Balancing Cactus Toy for Kids and Toddlers: Each wooden peg on this peg toy have been sanded, polished and smoothed to prevent any splinters. aGreatLife prides itself on quality and this cactus does not have any chemical or paint smells. The bright colors are non-toxic and harmless for kids. There is an eco-bag that comes with this mini balancing cactus for easy peg storage.
- Lewo Wooden Animals Stacking Blocks Balancing Games: Beautifully crafted Noah’s Ark, featuring 8 animals blocks, 2 trees, 2 flowers, and 1 Ark. Keep balance of the boat, develops fine motor skills while encouraging critical thinking and problem solving.
- LiangTing Game Zone – Monkeying Around: Place the monkeys in the palm tree one by one – it’s a balancing game that’s lots of fun. The players takes turns rotating the spinner to see how many monkeys they get to hang from the tree. As monkeys add up, players must watch out not to topple the tree.
4. Arts & Crafts
Arts and crafts projects engage kids and nurture their imagination and creativity. It promotes innovation; thus, making your kids resourceful and versatile. It boosts self-esteem, improves decision-making skills, and enhances memory. Aside from mental advantages of arts and crafts, it also helps in their physical and social development. It develops fine motor skills, increases agility, and improves hand-eye coordination. It teaches flexibility and helps in socializing.
Challenge your kids imagination and creativity with these amazing arts and crafts sets.
- Alex Discover My Tissue Art Kids Art and Craft Activity: Apply crumbled tissue paper squares to peel and stick cards to create bright, fun designs. The set includes 6 sticky back patterns, 4 google eyes, 800 rainbow colored tissue paper squares and instructions.
- Spirograph Jr.: The large design gears are easy to work with, and our instruction guide shows young imaginations how to turn Spirograph designs into awesome pictures. Aspiring artist of all ages can draw colorful, spiraling designs with Jumbo-size pieces, washable markers, built-in storage, cool carrying case and drawing desk.
- Arts and Crafts Drawing Stencils Set for Kids: Unlike some stencil art sets, this easy draw, sturdy stencils are specially selected for shapes you can draw with any normal pencil or coloring pencils. No fiddly corners means kids can draw outlines first time in any color.
5. Memory Games
Memorization games helps kids improve their concentration and focus, keeps their brain alert, aids cognitive development, and increases their memory power. Memory games will improve your kid’s critical thinking skills. This will help them create new ideas, try to make sense of things, and organize information accordingly. It sharpens their problem-solving skills too as well as enhances their spatial skills.
We’ve listed some of the best memory games that will further develop your kids’ skills.
- Briarpatch Pete The Cat The Missing Cupcakes Game: Briarpatch introduces a Pete the cat game of luck, memory, and cooperation for kids. In this board game, players work together to get the missing cupcakes back from Grumpy Toad. Kids sing songs, act out physical activities, and identify favorite animals, food, and words.
- Little Treasures Matching Letter Game: Perfect for preschoolers, matching letter helps develop memory skills, strategic thinking, sociability, spelling and increases word recognition. Educational and enjoyable, allows children to make the connection between objects and their names while having fun with the flashcards and letter cubes.
- Banana Panda – Suuuper Size Memory Game: A perfect first game for little kids – with colorful illustrations, large pieces and easy-to-follow rules, this is a great beginner game for young children. This game is great for training memory, concentration and cognitive thinking.
6. Emotion-Themed Ttoys
It is important that you encourage your kids to express their emotions. You can never go wrong in giving them toys that allow them to express how they feel. Kids are being exposed to different types of emotions and widening their knowledge about it. They will be more aware if they are mad, sad, or happy. Kids will not be confused in identifying and articulating their feelings.
Here are some of the best toys that will help your young ones express their feelings.
- Learning Resources Soft Foam Emoji Cubes: Dice-like soft foam cubes help kids relate words to feelings with depictions of common emotions. Twelve different faces cover the emotional spectrum, from happy and sad to angry and nervous. Question cubes contain interesting prompts that get kids talking about their feelings.
- Mega Bloks Building Basics Build & Learn Emotions: 20-piece emotion-themed playset. Buildable expressions include happy, angry, sad, surprised, sick, and in love. Match the right pieces together to learn 6 different emotions.
- Hape Eggspressions Wooden Learning Toy: This set includes six expressive wooden eggs with an idea book. Promotes emotional maturity as children identify their feelings. Non-toxic finishes and child safe materials.
Physical Development Toys
7. Climber and Slide
Climbing provides various physical and mental benefits for your three year olds. By climbing, kids develop fine motor skills including grip, grasp, and dexterity. These skills will make it easier for your young ones to hold a pencil or crayons correctly. Climbing builds your children’s physical strength and gross motor skills. This will let them realize that outdoor activities are fun.
We’ve gone ahead and listed the top three climbers and slides that are appropriate for your young one.
- Step2 85314 Game Time Sports Climber and Slide: Go outside and get active! Ideal for engaging social play with multiple children, the spacious design of this climber has many ways to play. Shoot hoops with the built-in basket and included ball, keeping score with convenient clickable knobs on the side.
- Step2 Panda Climber: Large platform level designed with a safe rail enclosing the climber for added safety during playtime. All activity elements are appropriately sized for toddlers. Durable poly construction wipes clean easily and lasts for years.
- Little Tikes Little Baby Bum Wheels on The Bus Climber and Slide: Buster’s steering wheel plays “wheels on the bus,” and makes sounds when you honk the horn. Interactive, musical dashboard features horn, ignition and gear shifter for imaginative play. Water-resistant design makes this activity gym great indoors or outdoors.
8. Pond Water Table
Three year olds are full of energy and it would be best to let them enjoy outside with the right toys. Being outside allows your kids to have some fresh air and sunshine, which is good for their physical development. One of their weaknesses is playing with water. A pond water table allows kids to be creative and develops their hand-eye coordination skills. By picking up toys and putting water in toys or containers improve their fine motor skills.
Let your kids enjoy the sun and the water with these wonderful pond water table sets.
- Paw Patrol Sea Patrol Water Table: Scoop, strain, splash, squirt, and save the day on the paw Patrol sea Patrol water table. Use the included water scoop to pour water into the lookout tower to get the spinner spinning. Help Ryder search for doggies in need of help through the periscope.
- Step2 Tropical Rainforest Water Table: Molded-in rainforest detail and jungle-themed critter toys spark kids’ imaginations. Pour water on the rainforest canopy to create realistic rainfall sounds and activate the put-and-place water maze pieces. Open design water table and included accessories encourage interactive social play for multiple toddlers.
- Little Tikes Anchors Away Pirate Ship: Fun pirate ship themed outdoor, water play table loaded with spinning features. Water moves with pump or by pouring water into the crows nest. Aim and squirt water from the water cannon.
9. Three-Wheeled Bicycle
Giving your kids a three-wheeled bicycle will help them keep their balance. This may be difficult at first, they will stumble, lose their balance, and get hurt. But these challenges will help them develop their concentration and balance ability plus they will learn to be more careful next time. This will improve their attention to details too like parking their bike at the appropriate area.
Here are some of the three-wheeled bicycles that are appropriate to your toddlers.
- Fisher-Price Harley Tough Trike: A tricked out trike with cool Harley Davidson styling. Big foot pedals make it easy for little riders to get rolling. Rugged, durable tires and stable wheel base. Easy grip handlebars.
- Radio Flyer Pink Rider Trike: Adjustable seat grows with your child. Sturdy steel construction, covered storage bin for child fun. Quiet ride wheels and comfort grip handlebars. Easy-to-carry handle grip on seat back.
- 67i Kids Tricycles: Sturdy carbon steel frame, supportive soft seat, fully & widen quiet ride wheels. 60 degree steering limited to avoid kids side falling. Easy to assemble, take only 3 steps to assemble it.
10. Cookware Set
Toddlers are interested in imaginative play with pretend foods. Cookware toys have their own contribution to your child’s development. It boosts social skills since kids are encouraged to discuss with their playmates what they are doing and share the utensils they are using. It improves their reading and vocabulary skills too as well as their as their numeracy and time telling skills.
Here are some of the best cookware sets that your kids will surely enjoy.
- D-FantiX Kitchen Pretend Play Toy: Made from thick ABS safe material, tested by CPSC accepted third-party laboratories, no harm to children. Your children can take a role of chef and learn how to use the kitchen utensil, develop children’s cooking habit and develop imaginative play skills and running for endless play cooking fun.
- umu Wooden Kitchen Playsets Kids Cooking Accessories: Each piece is painted with non-toxic paint and made from renewable resources. Smooth and soft edge is safe for children. Wooden cooking set kids kitchen accessories include a foundation box with pots, pans, teapot, sugar bowl, salt shaker, pepper bottle and one shovel, two spoon, tools and gloves.
- SANBANFU Kids Cooking Set: Made of food grade silicone, non-toxic, smooth edges, protect children’s skin. Set include 5 recipe cards for all levels of experience! This is a good set for beginning cooker and a good introduction into kitchen safety.
Find out more ideal gifts for your three year old from these relevant resources.
- 2020’s Best Toys and Unique Gift Ideas For 3-Year-Olds: The post lists 51 best toys and unique gift ideas for three-year-old kids. Ity includes Play-Doh Tootie The Unicorn Ice Cream Set, The LadyBug Game, and Intex Dinosaur Play Center.
- Best Gifts for 3-Years-Olds: The post provides 12 great gifts for three year olds that experts and kids love. It offers information on why kids and experts love the listed toys as well as their benefits. It includes Dollhouse, Playhouse, and Doctor’s Kit.
Finding the best and perfect gifts for three years old is really challenging. When choosing the gift for your kids, keep in mind what they love to do and what could help them improve their skills.
Last update on 2020-04-04 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API