10 Best Educational and Role Playing Toys for Two Year Olds
Two-year-old kids are starting to master new skills and mimicking the things that adults do. They become more talkative and are trying to speak simple sentences. Kids at this stage are torn between playing with others and going solo. They love to pretend to be doing adult roles in their play time too. It would be ideal to give them gifts that will help them develop their skills. You might want to invest in toys that would encourage them to discover and learn about the world they live in. To help you in finding the best gifts for your two year olds, we’ve listed some of the best of best.
1. Lawnmower toy
A lawnmower toy will keep your kids to move around, they will love to push it and hear sounds like a real lawn mower. This will help them develop their motor skills. Kids will learn cause and effect, the engine roars when they pull the cord.
Watch this young man how he enjoyed his lawnmower toy.
Here are some of the best lawn mower toys that you can give to your kids.
- Melissa & Doug Sunny Patch Snappy Turtle Mower: It is a sturdy plastic push mower shaped like a turtle. Helps new walkers and will encourage gross motor skill development, and role play activities.
- Husqvarna 589289601 Toy Lawn Mower: Let your youngsters help out in the backyard. Great option for safe and fun pretend play.
- Little Tikes Gas ‘n Go Mower: Kids push toy mower with popping beads. Sounds are mechanical, so no batteries are needed.
2. Doctor Kits
Medical kits will help your kids realize the importance of seeing doctors for check-ups, this will give them an idea what it’s like to be a doctor. They can practice how to nurture, care, and check a patient (it can be a stuff toy or their co-playmates). You never know that you are honing a future doctor.
We’ve gone ahead and selected some of the best medical kit sets for your two year olds.
- Deluxe Medical Kit for Toddlers: Everything your toddler needs for check-ups and boo-boos is in this Dr. Doctor toy medical kit. This pretend-n-play medical set offers a variety of super durable doctor’ s tools. Completely toddler-proof!
- JOYIN Kids Doctor Kit 31 Pieces Pretend-n-Play: The set includes a variety of doctors’ tools that are super durable and quality. Batteries are included.
- Durable Kids Doctor Kit with Electronic Stethoscope: Helps children learn about the human body and calm doctor-related fears as they engage in doctor/patient role play. The doctor set has an assortment of 12 medical tools & gadgets that will spark your child’s imagination!
3. Magnet Tiles
Magnet tiles are good for your kids hand-eye coordination, sensory issues, and problem solving. These will help your kids to recognize shapes, build and construct skills, and learn about symmetry. Kids are also encouraged to use their imagination by recreating an image or copying an object using the magna tiles. A real hit to your kids because these are easy to use and encourage creativity.
Check out these amazing magna tiles that you can give to your kids.
- HOMOFY Kids Magnet TilesToys: The 60pcs. magnet tiles 3D magnetic block kits are come with different shapes to DIY unique model for baby’s brain development.Kids can create kinds of 2D plane shapes or 3D geometric structures.
- Magna-Tiles 32-Piece Clear Colors Set: The original 3D magnetic building sets that engage young minds by fusing together math, science, and creativity. Create flat or 3-dimensional shapes with this set.
- PicassoTiles 100pcs Magnet Building Tiles: No limitations, scalable to build as big as desired by adding more pieces to create the master piece. PicassoTiles in colossal styles.
4. Building Blocks
Blocks help your kids develop hand-eye coordination as they learn how to place block on block. It teaches kids geometric shapes and how to place blocks accordingly so it won’t fall. Building blocks also help kids improve their motor skills and enhance their logical thinking capability. Kids will enjoy constructing their own buildings.
We’ve listed the three building blocks that kids will love.
- SainSmart Jr. Wooden ABC Blocks: The set comes with storage bag. Each of the 40 traditionally styled solid wood blocks are carved and then painted on two sides with capital letters, numbers, and mathematical symbols. Good idea for stacking, building and counting.
- Pidoko Kids Wooden Building Blocks Set: 100 traditionally styled hand-crafted colorful wooden blocks; 4 stimulating bright colors and natural wood. Set includes a carrying container for convenient storage.
- Cubbie Lee Premium Wooden Building Blocks Set: Made entirely from durable real juniper wood and painted in vibrant, bright colors. This 100 piece wooden blocks set is the kind of timeless quality gift parents and grandparents love to give to children.
5. Kitchen Set
Kitchen playsets promote healthy eating habits to your kids as they pretend to prepare meals. Some kitchen sets come with a sink where your kids can pretend to be washing the dishes, drying them, organizing them in the cabinet. This teaches the kids how to be responsible in maintaining a clean and safe kitchen.
Here are some of the best kitchen playsets that will hone your little chefs.
- ROBUD Wooden Pretend Play Kitchen Set: Made of solid wood, sturdy and durable construction. High-quality craftsmanship, the surface is smooth without burr, easy to clean. Your kids will enjoy being a little chef.
- KidKraft Vintage Kitchen: Doors open and close. Oven knobs click and turn. Great for smaller spaces while having all of the kitchen needs.
- Step2 Fun with Friends Kitchen: Let the kids cook for you for a change! Place the pot and pan on the stove, and listen as food starts to bubble and sizzle! Realistic lights and sounds add to the pretend play fun!
6. Cleaning Sets
Toddlers love copying what you do. Why not give them a smaller version of cleaning sets and encourage them to help you with the chores? They are learning and enjoying at the same time; thus, making it easy for them to teach the importance of maintaining cleanliness around the house.
Your kids will definitely love cleaning with these adorable cleaning sets.
- Play22 Kids Cleaning Set 12 Piece: Little helper broom set pretend play develop creative confidence helps kids learn what supplies work best on different household items and areas. Can be used for realistic functionality and be able to clean their room.
- Xifando Kid’s Housekeeping Cleaning Tools Set: Children love to pretend as a perfect helper for parents. 5 piece housekeeping cleaning tools for children are made of chenille fabric, can be reused, washed by hand or washing machine.
- Melissa & Doug Dust! Sweep! Mop!: The pretend play set motivates your child to model independence and use their imagination to have fun. Each cleaning tool gives them an imagined role and pretend task to try.
7. Pull-Back Vehicles
Pull-back vehicles help in fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination development among your toddlers. The act of grasping and pulling back the vehicle is good for large muscle development and coordination. Kids will be entertained on how the car moves by simply pulling it back.
We’ve picked the top three pull-back vehicles that are suitable for your toddlers.
- Pull Back Cars 6 Pack: All the 6 cars are in animal shape, which is a great attraction to kids. Designed with high quality and durable non-toxic thick plastic, which had been tested and proven to be safe and strong for kids playing.
- Melissa & Doug Pull-Back Vehicles: The rev-up mechanism inside each vehicle makes it easy for babies and toddlers to get big acceleration with little input. They just pull them back and release to see them zoom off across the floor.
- GEYIIE Construction Vehicles Site for kids: The set includes 7 small construction toys set in different designs and functions. Each construction vehicle is uniquely designed and fits perfectly in children’s hands and pockets.
8. Wood Easel
Two year olds are starting to learn how to hold pencils and doodle whatever they like. Support their love for art and creativity by giving them wood easels. Allow them to express themselves. This will practice their writing skills. You might be surprised that your kids have already learned how to write from simple abstract doodles.
Here are some of the ideal wood easels for your two year olds.
- Hape All-in-One Wooden Kid’s Art Easel: Height adjustable children’s easel. Paper roll, blackboard, whiteboard, and magnets all in one. Magnetic whiteboard on one side, chalk board on the other.
- Crayola Kids Wooden Easel, Dry Erase Board & Chalkboard: This dual-sided dry erase and chalkboard easel lets kids change up their activities as they choose. Plus, the dry erase side of the easel is magnetic, adding another fun way to play.
- KidKraft 62043.0 Storage Easel: Kids will love the quality of the wood. It comes with three paint jars and the three baskets of the bottom which is great.
There are lots of role-playing possibilities with playhouses. This will help your kids play different roles and learn the importance of each role.
We’ve selected top three playhouses that are appropriate to your kids.
- Costzon Kids Indoor Outdoor Playhouse: Made of high-quality environmental protection PP, this kids’ playhouse is non-toxic and odorless. Superb craftsmanship ensures its durability and resistance to fading or cracking, suitable for both indoor and outdoor use, the house of fun is perfectly safe.
- Step2 893199 Seaside Villa Playhouse: Easy-open Dutch door allows little ones to enjoy open and close play. Kids playhouse features a kitchenette play set with molded-in sink and faucet.
- Little Tikes Build-a-House: Colorful playhouse with interchangeable panels. Includes 25+ customizable panels and accessories, a kid-friendly drill and screwdriver. Includes 25+ customizable panels and accessories, a kid-friendly drill and screwdriver.
10. Foam Activity Play Set
Let your toddlers climb, crawl, and slide on this foam activity play set. It is a great way for the young ones to explore and enhance their gross motor skills and increase physical activity.
We’ve picked the top three best foam activity play set that your toddlers will enjoy.
- AmazonBasics Kids Soft Play Corner Climber: 4-piece indoor corner climber for young toddlers and children. Interlocking hook-and-loop strips secure the pieces together; hook-and-loop bottom helps keep it in place on carpet.
- Matladin Indoor Safe Soft Foam Climber: A great way for toddlers to explore and improve gross motor skills and increase physical activity. The climbing ramp is soft, but firm and safe.
- ECR4Kids SoftZone Climb and Crawl Activity Play Set: Designed to let infants and toddlers climb, crawl, and slide on a collection of five foam shapes. The dense foam structure of each lightweight piece keeps kids safe and cozy as they play and features a non-slip bottom to keep pieces stable and in place.
These relevant resources will further gave you an idea on the best toys you can give to your two year olds.
- The best toys for 2-year-olds 2020: The post provides 25 toys that will help your kids gro new skills. It includes rescue boat with helicopter, tabletop art easel, and sand play set.
- The 50 Best Toys and Gift Ideas For 2-Year-Olds in 2019: The post provides 50 best toys and gift ideas for two year olds. It includes drum set, robot, and puzzle blocks.
- 102 Best Gifts for 2 Year Old Girls and Boys (Save this list!): The post lists 102 best gifts for two year olds. It includes shopping cart, superhero cape and mask, and latches barn toy.
Two year olds love to pretend play and figure out who they are. They are fond of pretending to be doing adult roles in their play time. Support their pretend-play with these ideal toys.
Last update on 2020-04-04 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API